Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 15:24:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@picnic.mat.net>
To:        Frank Volf <volf@oasis.IAEhv.nl>
Cc:        ctm-announce@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Confused about crypto ctm bits

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Frank Volf wrote:

[This was a private note, but I think it hits a topic that many of you are
interested in, so I hope that Frank won't mind if I make this one public.
I did remove one paragraph that might have been taken wrong out of
context]

> Hi Chuck,
>
> I assumed that now that the international CVS bits have been
> integrated with the main stream CVS tree, that ctm updates of the CVS
> tree would start to include the crypto CVS files. I also imagined that
> the first cvs-cur delta that will carry these, would be rather big,
> since it would contain the complete crypto CVS files, rather than the
> deltas.
>
> This has however not yet happened. So, I'm wondering if something is
> wrong or that the crypto bits be delivered using a seperate "crypto
> CTM mailing list" to which you should subscribe. In the latter case, I
> can't find any reference to such a mailing list.
>
> Can you enlighten me?

Well, I just unpacked the 6505 delta and looked at it, and it seems that
the crypto stuff is in fact leaking in now, but it looks like the syncing
of the cvsup caught it half in and half out.  I think 6505 will start the
bringing in process, and that 6506 will probably finish it.

Keep on monitoring, and let me know if it doesn't look that way.  I
*think* everything still looks on track, but if not, I'm going to fix it
just as soon as I'm convinced there's a problem.  Be a little patient, I
think, but don't hesitate to scream if you really think it's broke.

I think Mark is going to be dropping the ctm list he operated out of the
int'l cvs repository.  We ought to get it all in src, just automatically.

Chuck Robey            | Interests include C & Java programming, FreeBSD,
chuckr@picnic.mat.net  | electronics, communications, and signal processing.

New Year's Resolution:  I will not sphroxify gullible people into looking up
fictitious words in the dictionary.