Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 1996 23:02:58 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@spinner.dialix.com>
To:        Steve Passe <fsmp@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: sys/i386/isa isa.c isa_device.h sio.c

Steve Passe wrote:
> fsmp        96/12/12 01:53:03
>
>   Modified:    i386/isa  isa.c isa_device.h sio.c
>   Log:
>   created icu_irq_pending(), a function which examines the 8259 IRQ pending
>   bits.  this is needed by some device probes during boot, when the IO APIC
>   is being used for actual INTerrupt service.
>
>   code sio.c to use icu_irq_pending() during probe.

Umm, silly question I guess, but does this code take LOWPRI delivery mode
into account?  If you're looking on the local apic, you won't see the
pending interrupt if it's been sent to a different cpu....  But I guess this
should be fine during boot though.  (no, I've not read the code, I've just
skimmed 3000 email messages and am about to start on a second pass :-] )

Cheers,
-Peter