Date:      Mon, 3 Aug 1998 14:06:36 +0400
From:      "Igor Sysoev" <igor@nitek.ru>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 3C579-TP Ethernet card

> From: Rob Schofield <schofiel@xs4all.nl>

> Mike Smith wrote:
>
> > Not really; I find EISA relatively uninteresting.  You would be better
> > off studying the driver source yourself, and looking at the output from
> > booting with '-v'.
>
> I must admit I tried the -v boot also, with no joy. I dug into the
> source (which falls under the eisa device probe regimen in sys/i386) to
> see it is probed as an EISA device, but when trying to build a kernal
> the card appears to be defined as an ISA device at a fixed IRQ under the
> isa bus controller. I have to confess I'm getting lost!

Some time ago I tried to set up FreeBSD 2.2.2 on old DELL 486DX-22 EISA
server with AHA-2740 and two 3C579-TP. EISA probing founds both 3c579,
but ISA probing doesn't. Nevertheless both cards were working as ep0
and ep1 :). But I AHA-2740 worked with varios errors. When I remove one
3c579 AHA-2740 work fine.

with best regards,
Igor Sysoev