Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 01:14:29 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, wangel@wgrobez1.remote.louisville.edu
Subject:   Re: Dos Extended

>I was reading in the faq documents that mounting a DOS Extended partition
>wasn't possible in 2.0.5, but it was possible in 2.1.0.

It actually says that the feature of mounting DOS extended partitions
isn't present in 2.1, but should be in 2.2.  Actually, this feature
was introduced in 2.0.5.  Actually^2, this feature will never be
supported.  You mount logical drives, not the extended partitions that
contain the logical drives.

>If it is, how do I mount my dos extended partition, it's my second
>partition on my first hd.

Is it the second DOS partition and the first logical drive in the first
extended partition?  That's the the first logical drive so it is slice 5,
i.e., sd0s5 if your disk is SCSI.

	mount -t msdos /dev/sd0s5 /somewhere

Bruce