Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:10:07 +0300
From:      Andrew <perl@ukrpost.net>
To:        "Samuel Chow" <cyschow@shaw.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re[2]: Mail

Hello Samuel.

SC>     There isn't a whole lot of details, so I am just guessing here.

SC>     I think the problem was the remote SMTP server was doing a DNS
SC>     lookup on the hostname your qmail passed along.  That hostname,
SC>     unfortunately, did not resolve.  Therefore, the remote SMTP
SC>     server refused to accept mail from you.

SC>     If this is indeed the problem, put a resolvable hostname into
SC>     the 'helohost' configure file, and restart qmail.

  Thank you for tip, I did it, but I still think it won't help because
default  value  for  'helohost'  (I  didn't  had 'helohost' before) is
obtained  from 'me', while 'me' contains absolutely correct resolvable
FQDN of the SMTP (mail.mydomain.com).

--
Yours sincerely,
 Andrew                          mailto:perl@ukrpost.net