Date:      Thu, 9 Apr 1998 08:31:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <dhw@whistle.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ping program not working from cron

Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 23:37:35 -0400
From: Chado <chado@p3.net>

>When I run it from the command line it works fine...but when I install it
>in the cron it doesnt find any of the local machines.

Are you sure the Perl script in question is even finding the
"ping" program?

cron has a rather limited environment... including the PATH (generally).

Since you're using a Perl script, though, you could

  $ENV{'PATH'} .= ":/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin";

or some such thing before invoking external programs.

david
--
David Wolfskill		dhw@whistle.com	(650) 577-7158	pager: (650) 401-0168