Date:      Wed, 2 Sep 1998 09:52:17 +0200 (CEST)
From:      cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports/7805: Port bytebench-3.1 is broken! ("shell" part)

>Number:         7805
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       Port bytebench-3.1 is broken! ("shell" part)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT i386
>Environment:

	I think all.

	This is serious and high priority, because bytebench results
	are going to be published...

	Results of the shell part (command "bytebench shell") are shown
	much better, than they should be.

	Example on my machine: Shell scripts (1 concurrent):

		Bytebench installed by hand:	203.3 lpm
		Port:				361.0 lpm

	Speed difference is due to the inaccessibility of sort.src file
	from tst.sh script (tst.sh is called from multi.sh). So some
	commands exit very quickly instead of working.

>How-To-Repeat:

	Run:

	# bytebench shell

	After displaying "2" on line 'Shell scripts (1 concurrent)  1 2...'
	press Ctrl-C and look in /tmp/times file. It is full of errors:

/usr/local/lib/bytebench/pgms/tst.sh: cannot open sort.src: no such file

	This doesn't stop bytebench, but shell results are much better than
	they should be!