Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 1996 07:59:54 -1000
From:      Terrance Young <teryoung@pixi.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   SoundCard and SCSI Compat.

I just purchased a Smart & friendly Multimedia package which
includes a SoundCard with SCSI (Future Domain) and SCSI CD ROM.
I Actually got the Multimedia package mostly for the CD ROM
because the Price was a lot cheaper to buy than a SCSI CD ROM by
itself (Store Going out of Business sale).
I was trying to install the 2.1 release of FreeBSD and ran into
some problems I was able to start the install from the CD ROM
and could not access the CD ROM for the ROOT Portion so I used a
ROOT Floppy to complete this part I however was not able to get
the CD ROM to work after I tried to go further in the install it
couldn't access the CD ROM. I would at least like to try before
having to purchase a SCSI card for the CD ROM to work. I am kind
of new to UNIX itself and wanted to use FreeBSD I did do a
working install of 2.05 from a DOS Partition and wanted to try
using the CD ROM because of space limitations.

Any help would be appreciated or if you need more information
please E-mail me. Thanks

Terrance

teryoung@pixi.com