Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 1998 10:34:29 -0300
From:      "Brad J. Whynot" <Whynotbj@GOV.NS.CA>
To:        Freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:    XFree86?

I have installed FreeBSD three times now via FTP and I include everything in the packages section and in the distribution
section I believe that is what it is called.  The question I have is that when I have tried this from 2 or 3 different sites and go to
use the configuration tool to setup XWindows I get the message, " XFree86 is not installed on your computer please install this
to use the configuration utility."  Or something along those lines.  The thing I don't understand is that when I am retrieving the
files across the internet it is saying that the files are being downloaded and uncompressed to my pc.  I have tried the express
and the novice install just to be sure that I wasn't making any mistakes and still no go.  Could this be caused by corrupted files
on your end and when I am downloading them they are there but just don't work.  If someone could get back to me and give
me some insight as to what may be happening or what steps I may be able to take to resolve this that would be great.  I really
would like to get this as my main OS because everyone is looking for IX based administrators and I would really like to be able
to have these skills.

Thank you for your time,

Brad Whynot, CNA