Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 1998 20:47:27 -0700 (MST)
From:      Atipa <freebsd@atipa.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   Can we PLEASE separate languages for packages?

Hi,

Is there any good reason we dont make make hi-level separations between
languages for ports and packages? Since all the real files are in the
"All" directory, I end up downloading over 500MB of non-english packages.

Could we group like-language files together somehow? Maybe have the
symlinks point to All-english, All-japanese, All-korean, All-russian,
etc., etc.

That would make an immediate reduction in bandwidth for the sites.

Any comments?

Kevin