Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2012 16:03:25 +0200
From:      Olivier Smedts <olivier@gid0.org>
To:        Ronald Klop <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't remove zil / separate log device from root pool

2012/9/30 Ronald Klop <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>:
> What version is your zpool/zfs? Mind the message about upgrading in your
> output above. Not all version of ZFS support removing a log or cache disk.
>
> Run 'zpool upgrade' and 'zfs upgrade'. They will only print the current
> version. They need more options for real upgrading.
>
> Ronald.

It's a v28 pool. The separate log device should be removable. The
warning is here because I'm under 10-CURRENT, which at the time
supports "v5000" (features).

Thanks for the reply.

--
Olivier Smedts                                                 _
                                        ASCII ribbon campaign ( )

  "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
  ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
  et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."