Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:49:21 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
To:        "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@acm.org>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.5-RC3 / x86 Now Available.

--Fba/0zbH8Xs+Fj9o

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 08:06:42AM -0800, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> Hmmm.  Is there a new target date for creating RELENG_4_5?  I carved
> some time out of today for doing version number bumps and updating the
> release documentation, but it looks like the release isn't at that stage
> yet.  :-p

  I think that we should push the release back 1 day for a couple of
reasons :

	1. There are 2 trivial security fixes in the pipeline that I
  	   would like to include in 4.5.

	2. We didn't provide a perfect package set with any of the
           RCs.  I would like to get it right for RC4 to make sure
           there is nothing else we are missing.

	3. Saturday vs Sunday should make little or no difference for
	   vendors wishing to replicate CDs/DVDs for BSDCon.

	4. There were more changes in the past week than I would
           normally have liked to see.  I believe that the changes we
           did approve are necessary, but I want to give users more of
           the weekend to test these recent changes.

  I think we should create the RELENG_4_5_0 branch on Friday, then tag
late on Saturday.

	 - Murray

--Fba/0zbH8Xs+Fj9o

--Fba/0zbH8Xs+Fj9o--