Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 1998 21:07:49 -0800 ()
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        Morris Allen <mallen@vidnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

> from my old job,  when processor utilization time is at a peek, the dual
> would perform
> better, (More MIPS or task) than the faster single processor.  Please share
> you thoughts with me. I am prepairing to build a monster mail machine.. with
> freebsd 3.0.
> thanks

	You would get more from two under FreeBSD. If you search the
archives, I think you'll find some specific numbers. Though, you'll be
needing to send a LOT of mail to utilize a good portion of that power. :)
Heck.. I think ftp.cdrom.com is still only dual-300s, and it's the busiest
ftp site around!

						Rick