Date:      Thu, 17 Sep 1998 14:09:42 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Mike Francis <derf@netxxpress.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Eithernet Card

On Wed, 16 Sep 1998, Mike Francis wrote:

> I'm new to freeBSD and need help Configuring my Eithernet card
> I have it install and it picks up the right IRQ Number but says there is
> no drive
> How do I Configure it? and How do I test it to see if it is working
> properly?

That doesn't make sense.

1.  Make sure your card was detected by the kernel.  You can use the
'dmesg' command to check.
If it's an ISA card and it wasn't found, type '-c' at the Boot:
prompt and configure the appropriate device's IRQ and port.

2.  Check the output of 'ifconfig -a'.  If the interface shows up you're
set to go.

Doug White