Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 09:35:58 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "Peter van Heusden" <pvh@schoolnet.org.za>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Adding support for Duxbury PCI modem to FreeBSD 4.4

In message <9DCF7A9E7AD27A4F962A37F7E78607B10CFAEC@ukhokho.ct.schoolnet.org.za> "Peter van Heusden" writes:
: I noticed that PCI modems are detected in /sys/isa/sio.c. I added the
: chip
: id of the modem to the list of PCI devices (pci_ids), and now
: sio_pci_probe detects the modem, but the sioprobe() fails. Before I got
: digging into the sioprobe code (which seems rather complex), I'd like to
: verify that my pci_ids entry is correct.
:
: One thing I don't understand is the rid field of the pci_id structure.
: Some modems have this set to 0x10, others to 0x14. I'm not sure what to
: set it
: to - how do I determine this?

look for the I/o space bar.  this will be the the ones in the range
0x10-0x24 that are odd (as in bit 0 is set).  note, bars are 4 bytes
long (except for some 64 bit cards, but you can safely ignore that).

Alternatively,
	pciconf -r pciX:Y:Z 0x10:0x2f
and post it to the list.

Warner