Date:      14 Nov 1999 17:51:59 -0500
From:      Arcady Genkin <a.genkin@utoronto.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ftp install

Mike <welsh.81@osu.edu> writes:

> how am i supposed to download the files neccessary for installing via
> ftp?  i cant do it through netscape, and i can do it through ftp.  could
> you just tell me where i can get a zip file with all the neccesary files
> in it?  thanks.

I can't quite understand, what the problem is in your case. To do an
FTP install you need to download two files (floppy images) from
"floppies" subdirectory. Then you need to write those images onto
floppies, and boot with them. If you are saying that you *can*
download via ftp, then just fetch those two files.

The installation program will then take care of downloading all other
files, whatever files are necessary.

The installation instructions at freebsd.org explain in detail how
this can be done.
--
Arcady Genkin                                http://wgaf.dyndns.org
"'What good is my pity? Is not the pity the cross upon which he who