Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 09:27:07 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <rewt@i-Plus.net>
To:        "Alejandro Galindo Chairez AGALINDO" <agalindo@servidor.exsocom.com.mx>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Thanks (Was: Re: passwd to .htpasswd script)

Hmmm... dunno if Susie ended up changing what I had, but here's what I
came up with.  You may need to adjust the '14' to skip all the system
accounts at the top of the passwd file.  Another option, is using grep to
get all users with a specific GID.  For example, all my dialup users are
GID 10000.

#!/bin/sh
count=`/usr/bin/wc -l /etc/master.passwd | awk '{ print $1}'`
numusers=`/bin/expr ${count} - 14`
/usr/bin/tail -n ${numusers} /etc/master.passwd | /usr/bin/cut -f 1,2 -d
:

for greping...
#!/bin/sh
grep ${GID} /etc/master.passwd | /usr/bin/cut -f 1,2 -d :