Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 20:21:33 -0800
From:      Geoff Jukema <gjukema@silk.net>
To:        Joey Garcia <bear@pacificnet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and Multi Processors

--------------BD2B208B6091103A4A335780

Joey Garcia wrote:

> Do any of you know if FreeBSD 2.2.5 supports multiprocessing?  I'm possibly
> gonna be getting a dual Pentium pro machine and I want to know if I can run
> FreeBSD 2.2.5 on it.  TIA
>
> Joey Bear Garcia

I haven't the need for a multiprocessor FreeBSD and don't know much about it,
but I found this at the FreeBSD site, so I thought it might answer your
question:

  28-Apr-97 The 3.0-current src tree now contains support for building
Symmetric
     MultiProcessor kernels. For details go to the SMP page.

Geoff.

--------------BD2B208B6091103A4A335780

<HTML>
&nbsp;

<P>Joey Garcia wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Do any of you know if FreeBSD 2.2.5 supports multiprocessing?&nbsp;
I'm possibly
<BR>gonna be getting a dual Pentium pro machine and I want to know if I
can run
<BR>FreeBSD 2.2.5 on it.&nbsp; TIA

<P>Joey Bear Garcia

<BR>with "unsubscribe freebsd-newbies" in the body of the message</BLOCKQUOTE>
I haven't the need for a multiprocessor FreeBSD and don't know much about
it, but I found this at the FreeBSD site, so I thought it might answer
your question:

<P>&nbsp; 28-Apr-97 The 3.0-current src tree now contains support for building
Symmetric
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; MultiProcessor kernels. For details go to
the <A HREF="http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/SMP.html">SMP</A>; page.

<P>Geoff.</HTML>