Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 2003 01:00:38 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Gerald S Stoller <gs_stoller@juno.com>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Contacting persons responsible for code/documentation

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 02:28:11AM -0400, Gerald S Stoller wrote:
>         I quite often find bugs in code or documentation, but the problem
> is finding the name and email address of the person to whom to report it.
>  I suggest that  FreeBSD.org  have email addresses for each  Unix
> command (e.g.,  ls@FreeBSD.org ,  ksh@FreeBSD.org ,  find@FreeBSD.org ,

You should open a bug report, with send-pr, or send a message to
questions@freebsd.org as the default /etc/motd file suggests.

Your suggestion doesn't work here because this is a volunteer project
and there is no guaranteed way to identify people interested in
individual userland commands.  However, if your suggested patch is
clearly correct then I'm sure someone will pick it up and apply it.
Some of the code you mention isn't even maintained by the FreeBSD
Project.  If you have a bug in emacs, you should send your submission
to the FSF.

   - Murray