Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 03:02:25 -0500
From:      trini0 <trini0@optonline.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   dns

I set up a dns server on my lan just for the convenience of name
resolution of the lan boxes, and I eventually want to set up a mail
server just for the lan.  Is it necessary to include the db.cache file
for the dns root servers??
I haven't looked into detail about it, but the dns box is making
multiple queries to the "internet" on port 53, and Im assuming that its
trying to query root servers...
thanks
trini0