Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 12:02:45 -0400
From:      Paul MacKenzie <paul@elehost.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   weird ppp resolving problem with dns (2.2.7 Freebsd) please help...

Hello,

I have a weird problem with ppp..

When I put 127.0.0.1 in the resolv.conf, and try and run ppp (all I get is
running in interactive mode) and can not do anything. When I remove it, it
loads up fine and I can dial...

Why?

I can not seem to get DNS working over the Internet connection PPP dial in
from one Freebsd box to another, so I set up a dns server on the local
machine. When I am connected when I remove the 127.0.0.1 that I had to
remove, then everything works??

I am really confused why ppp will not load when the 127.0.0.1 is not in. It
is a nightmare b/c I can not resolve for some reason without it??

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks

"Compassion is the only true answer to suffering"