Date:      02 Nov 2002 11:35:18 +0100
From:      Frode Nordahl <frode@nordahl.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing CURRENT 20021101

Hello,

Got the 20021101 snapshot from USW2 to have some fun with testing, and
hoping to get my new WLAN card to work :)

I got some trouble installing.

- When installing over network, reinitializing network media does not
  work.  If you select wrong the first time, the only way to redo your
  selection is to reboot.  Using the dc0 driver. (Network connection
  pulled down and not set up again it seems.)

  I was unable to complete a NFS install, but I didn't try too hard
  because of having to reboot on every try.

The nasty part:

- fdisk showed all partitions as type 165 (FreeBSD), I took a chance and
  continued anyway.  Now my two non-FreeBSD partitions are lost :)

	The partitions were:
		ad0s1	NTFS	(WindowsXP)
		ad0s2	FreeBSD
		ad0s4	DOS, FAT32

(I guess I can get them back by setting correct type...)

fdisk also showed them in the wrong order, ad0s1 first, then ad0s4 and
then ad0s2.

Mvh,
Frode Nordahl