Date:      Sun, 29 Mar 1998 07:25:27 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew <perrya@python.shoal.net.au>
To:        atomicjello@cyberjunkie.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PPP failure

if your prompt changed from ppp ON "" to PPP ON "" then you were actually
connected. If you shell out from it though it suspends ppp (and any
network throughput) until to start it up again. Try switching to another
virtual terminal. (<alt>-<f2> for the second <f3> for the third etc...)

I think that what the others told you about the name server setup will get
you through that part.

Another good place to go for help on user ppp is
http://www.freebsd.org/docs.html and click on the Pedantic PPP primer
link.

hope this helps
Andrew Perry