Date:      Thu, 24 Dec 1998 17:37:39 +0000
From:      Nicolas Souchu <nsouch@teaser.fr>
To:        tarkhil@asteroid.svib.ru
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AverMedia TV Capture, remote control, iic, smb...

On Tue, Dec 22, 1998 at 12:56:46PM +0300, Alex Povolotsky wrote:

>Hello!
>
>I've recently purchased AVerMedia TVCapture card with remote control, and I'm
>thinking on how to make remote control working.

Try to find the I2C device on the board that is supposed to translate remote
signals to I2C characters. Try Philips web site and see if in the list
of I2C chips there's yours.

>Looks like smbus and I2C have _some_ relation to it, but where can I get more
>info?

Certainly. See iicbus(4) and iic(4) man pages and

http://www.freebsd.org/~nsouch/iicbus.html for related links.

Nicholas
--
nsouch@teaser.fr / nsouch@freebsd.org