Date:      Fri, 01 Aug 2008 17:03:41 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        "B. Cook" <bcook@poughkeepsieschools.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: secure access to AS/400 ?

B. Cook ha scritto:

> As I am not knowledgeable about AS/400's I do not know if there is an
> openssh/sshd app that could be put on there.

AS/400 supports telnet over SSL, though I never found it to be in use.

> If they can not find some form of sshd to put on the AS/400

Normally it all boils down to: they could, but will not bother to (they
probably never used it and don't have experience with it, anyway).

> I could
> give people access to a FreeBSD via ssh and then have them use
> 'something' to connect to it.

I would not do so, since you would need local users on the FreeBSD box,
which I usually try and avoid.

 > Is there some terminal emulator that I would have to give them?

If you really want to go this way, tn5250 is in ports.

VPNs (with whatever technology) might be a better solution.

  bye
	av.