Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 1999 13:55:58 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Mark Newton <newton@internode.com.au>
Cc:        crypt0genic@ecad.org, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (forw)

Mark Newton wrote:

> Karl Pielorz wrote:
>
>  > Yes, a nice, effective - and simply way of replacing syscall's on FreeBSD...
>  > Some might say a little too 'simple'?
>
> Garbage.  You can do this on any OS, whether it supports loadable
> modules or not, if you've managed to win sufficient privileges through
> some other means.

I was actually leaning towards that... My boss had kittens here (we have 12
FreeBSD boxes running the show now), until I'd explained it to him... If
syscall's need to be replaced, they need to be replaced - and if they are
replaceable ... (I'll stop there) :)

The article (from what I can remember) didn't actually go out of it's way to
say you have to have be root to load the modules in the first place :) - Maybe
it's warrants some kind of response page putting up somewhere? - this is also
getting off topic for -hackers :(...

-Kp