Date:      Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:57:16 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        mtang17@comcast.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ClamAV execusion died without error messages

>=20
> My server is currently running on FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE #0.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I installed=A0the port=A0software,=A0P5-Mail-ClamAV with sendmail=A0along=
 with others:=A0Spamassassin and Milter etc. Everything was=A0compiled fine=
,=A0and sendmail=A0is working with Spamassin too. However, when I execute=
=A0clamav-clamd.sh, clamav-freshclam.sh, both software start for a=A0very s=
hort momonet and died without any complaims. I could not see any clamav ite=
ms running by executing=A0'ps -axw'.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> My last executed piece software, clamav-milter.sh is complaining missing =
and waiting for a socket, clam-milter.sorc.=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I did configuration for sendmail, but very=A0littler on clamav. Can anyon=
e familiar with Clamav=A0helps to provide a clue on=A0what is going wrong?=
=20

The rc script isn't going to tell you anything.

Look at your clamd.conf to see where it's logging to, then look at the
log files to see what's going wrong.

--=20
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com