Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 1995 12:41:18 -0400
From:      "Garrett A. Wollman" <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Errors building some LKMs in -current

<<On Thu, 19 Oct 1995 01:53:18 +1000, Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au> said:

> They just have inconsistently named entry points.  Most use the name
> `foo_init', which seems better than foo_mod, but atapi and wcd use
> simply `atapi' and `wcd'.

I chose `foo_mod' because it was unlikely to conflict with anything
that already existed in the code.  `foo_init' is simply the wrong
name, because these are /not/ ``initialization'' functions; they are
initialization-status-teardown functions.

-GAWollman

--
Garrett A. Wollman   | Shashish is simple, it's discreet, it's brief. ...
wollman@lcs.mit.edu  | Shashish is the bonding of hearts in spite of distance.