Date:      05 Mar 1999 01:42:57 +0100
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@titine.fr.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   INN ports for FBSD 3.1-RELEASE

Hi,

I've just installed a FBSD 3.1-RELEASE, so far so good : my ISP
connection is ok and my mail transport too. I've try to install the
INN port but i've had the following problems :

- i would have preferred INN-2.2 but, as inn2 was not in the 'ports'
tree of the distrib, i've try to downloaded it  from www.freebsd.org :
it fails... (perhaps my misunderstanding of the port system ? i
confess i've not yet read all the stuff about that in the Greg's book nor
in the Handbook ;-)

- anyway, i've try to make INN-1.7 : in order to use Cleanfeed, i've
try to uncomment DO_PERL? variable in the Makefile but the make fails
(it is ok if i leave DO_PERL? as a comment)

Perl5 is the one provided by the distribution, i've just add the
libnet port : all my scripts runs ok.

Any advices ?

	Thanks in advance,