Date:      Fri, 17 Sep 1999 00:41:15 -0500
From:      "Kevin Weiss" <kweiss@austin.rr.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Creative Labs Sound Blaster AWE 64 (Model: CT4520) ISA Sound Card Configuration for 3.2-Release

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Weiss [mailto:kweiss@austin.rr.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 1999 11:24 PM
To: Charles A. Peters
Subject: RE: Creative Labs Sound Blaster AWE 64 (Model: CT4520) ISA
Sound Card Configuration for 3.2-Release

There are 3 files involved:
Your kernel, /boot/kernel.conf, and /boot/loader.rc

I have the following in my kernel:

# Soundblaster setup
controller snd0
device sb0 at isa? port0x220 irq 5 drq 1
device sbxvi0 at isa? drq 5
device sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
device opl0 at isa? port 0x388
device awe0 at isa? port 0x620

  Add the above, compile the kernel (make sure to have pnp
installed in the kernel also). More info on compiling a kernel
is located here:
  http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/kernelconfig.html

Do not reboot yet. Go to the /dev directory and type:

	# sh MAKEDEV snd0

  Then go to the /boot directory and create the following:

---

In kernel.conf:
pnp 1 0 os enable irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 5 port0 0x220 port1 0x330 port2 0x388
pnp 1 1 os disable
pnp 1 2 os enable port0 0x620 port1 0xa20 port2 0xe20
pnp 1 3 os disable
quit

---

In loader.rc:
load /kernel
load -t userconfig_script /boot/kernel.conf
autoboot 5

  Now reboot the machine.  Your card should be recognized upon bootup.
If this doesn't work, search the mailing list b/c any error you'll come
across has already been discussed and (more than likely) solved.

Good Luck