Date:      Fri, 12 Oct 2012 09:55:39 -0400
From:      George Neville-Neil <gnn@neville-neil.com>
To:        Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Latest code and scripts are working for me on BeagleBone...

On Oct 12, 2012, at 04:39 , Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de> wrote:

> Well, yes ...  Since ARM ist still a tier-3 platform (AFAIK),
> releases probably won't happen in the near future.

Though it could move up a tier as we  get more of this moving along.

> I've seen Steven's comment.  That's the direction that I had
> in mind.  Much appreciated -- Thank you, Steven!

Let me talk to folks on the clusteradm@ list and see if there
is a good place we can collect these that makes them a bit
more official looking.  At 4G that's a lot of download, especially
once we get images for the Pi.

> Of course I'm aware that such images haven't gone through
> extensive testing and quality assurance like release images.
> But it's something that gets people started very quickly
> who just want to try it out without wanting to (or being
> able to) build a working system image themselves.  Or people
> who would like to evaluate the platform for a certain
> purpose (like me).
>
> I'm sure that ready-made images will help in spreading and
> popularizing the platform, and maybe it'll even attract
> more developers to improve it and port it to more boards,
> and get it to tier-2 more quickly.  But maybe that's just
> wishful thinking.  :-)

I don't think it's wishful.

Best,
George