Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 08:27:42 -0400
From:      Mike.Gruver1@firstunion.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Urgent Help need for nat/firewall config...

 I am new to FreeBSD.  I just bought the 4.1 Powerpak with the full 10 disc
 set including the 4.4 dist.  I have installed it on a small server Iintend
 to use as my firewall/proxy server for a four (4) pc network in my home.I
 have a cable modem with service from Road Runner and two ethernet cards in
 it (dc0 and ep0) and have completed the install
 including compiling a custom kernel with the IPFIREWALL and IPDIVERT
 options.  I have configured the adapters during the /stand/sysinstall (the
primary, dc0 to use DHCP to connected to my cable modem/router and the
secondary using a non- routable IP 192.168.0.1 and submask of 255.255.255.0) .
What I need is step by step help configuring the rest of the stuff.
 I am familiar with vi and can "get around" Unix.  I am not a sysadmin guy, I
 am a developer/programmer.  Anyways, what I need is detailed help
 configuring natd and whatever else (/etc/rc.conf, /etc/rc.services,
 /etc/rc.whatever!!).  I have been trying the examples in the Complete
 FreeBSD book I bought from BSDi, but they are not helping.
 I really don't care too much about the firewall rules right now.  I canlive
 with an open one pretty much.  I can probably figure that out later.  The
 real concern is the nat because I can't connect the other machines without
 that.
 What I need are details.
Thank you for your help,
 Michael Gruver