Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 10:10:23 +1000 (EST)
From:      Keith Anderson <keith@apcs.com.au>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: serial ports

Dear Wes,

Thanks for your help I was unable to find the book on-line in .au but my local
Dymocks Books Store was able to order it 'on overnight delivery'.

Keith Anderson

On 26-May-99 Wes Peters wrote:
> Keith Anderson wrote:

<SNIP>

> Congratulations, and welcome to the real world.
>
> Here are a couple of books I can recommend heartily, both by W. Richard
> Stevens.  The first is "Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment",
> the second "UNIX Network Programming: Networking APIs: Sockets and XTI"
> volume 1.
>
> Mr. Stevens is a good writer and accomplished UNIX and TCP/IP researcher.
> Both of these books are highly recommended by just about everyone, they
> will make your transition to being a real UNIX programmer quite a bit
> easier.
>
> Both of these appear to be in print currently, so you should be able to
> find them (or order them) through any reputbale book shop.  Does
> Australia have a good on-line bookstore yet?  This might be a good
> opportunity for some FreeBSD hackers with ecommerce skills and a few
> million dollars to invest in stock, or someone who already owns a
> bookstore.  ;^)
>

> --
>        "Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?"
>
> Wes Peters                                                 Softweyr LLC
> http://www.softweyr.com/~softweyr                      wes@softweyr.com

"The box said 'Requires Windows 95, NT, or better,' so I installed FreeBSD."

**  The thing I like most about Windows 98 is...
**  You can download FreeBSD with it!

----------------------------------
E-Mail: Keith Anderson <keith@apcs.com.au>
Australia Power Control Systems Pty. Limited.
Date: 27-May-99
Time: 10:04:08
Satelite Service 64K to 2Meg
This message was sent by XFMail