Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:19:18 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: The whole libc thing.

In message <200102151616.f1FGGgA21579@green.dyndns.org> "Brian F. Feldman" writes:
: Here's the change, not updated to -current with peter's introduction of
: __stdxxx, but that would of course be incorporated (with or without the new
: libc version bump, doesn't matter).  I've not fixed the style yet, and
: noone's verified my pointer arithmetic yet, but I've tested it with a
: -D2/13/2001 HEAD and noticed no problems, and it doens't break _any_ binaries
: like an incompatible ABI would.

I have a few tweaks to Brian's changes, but am waiting for my compile
to get done before making them available.  They will be relative to
4am MST this morning's current.  I also have a few ideas on how to
introduce __stdxxx now so that we can move to them in the future.
With a netonly 3.5.2 release and 4.3 having the "good" libraries.
More when I know more.

Warner