Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2012 15:15:44 +0530
From:      Penta <penta1998@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   isp 24xx target-mode SRR handling

Hi Matthew,

I'm trying to understand the target-mode implementation of the isp driver.
My question is regarding SRR handling. On receiving a notify request
IN24XX_SRR_RCVD, it seems that the target rejects the notify request
(na_srr_flags = 1, na_srr_reject_flags = 1 etc.. which i dont understand)

My question is that shouldn't the initiator send a SRR request only when
data retransmission is supported by the target (in isp's case it isn't).
The PRLI handling doesn't seem to do anything w.r.t to SRR. How does the
target notify the initiator that retransmission isn't supported ? Also what
happens next, does the initiator retry the entire command, or is it
dependent on the initiator implementation ?

Is an SRR implementation for target-mode vital moving forward (8GB cards
etc.) or is it just a nice to have feature ?

I am new with the FC protocol and the code. I might have asked something
obvious, so please bear with me.

Thank You