Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 1995 06:16:21 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   Re: Extended DOS partition support?

As Amancio Hasty wrote:

> I am curious where is this slice stuff documented.

At least, there are notes in sysinstalls help files.  I've translated
them into German, that's why i know of them. :-)

> On my system, which I suped and "make world" on saturday.
> MAKEDEV does not create a /dev/wd0s5 so I created one. When I tried
> mount -t msdos /dev/wd0s5 , the system claims that the device is not
> configured. Fine, so I went down the list  till /dev/wd0s1 which seems to work
> on my system over here.

It's impossible to MAKEDEV all possible slices on all possible
controllers (and all possible BSD partition letters on all poss... you
get the picture).  Bruce can certainly shade a light on the other
problem.

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/