Date:      Sat, 09 Jun 2012 08:49:48 +0200
From:      "coder.tuxfamily" <coder@tuxfamily.org>
To:        Rainer Hurling <rhurlin@gwdg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [CFT] gdal 1.9.1 update and other changes

Le 07.06.2012 15:52, Frank Broniewski a écrit :
> Yes, that worked.
>
> I tested it with py-gdal. First I had some problems because there were
> some other programs depending gdal-grass (QGIS, Grass GIS) which linked
> to the older gdal libs, but after deleting gdal-grass, I could import
> the module into python and run successfully some tests against some
> scripts I had written.

Thank you for the works. I will make tests today with all my
scritps/plugins.

Just a few remarks for now :

- graphics/gdal
Maybe add this options :
	ARMADILLO	"Faster TPS transform computation"
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-armadillo=yes

	FREEXL	"FreeXL support"
LIB_DEPENDS+=	freexl:${PORTSDIR}/textproc/freexl
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--with-freexl=${LOCALBASE}

	MDB		"Include MDB driver (need Java)
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-mdb --with-java= ; Maybe with java bindings ?

For PDF (Poppler OR podofo)
	POPPLER	"Poppler support (for PDF)"
LIB_DEPENDS+=	poppler:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/poppler
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-poppler=${LOCALBASE}

	PODOFO	"PoDoFo support (for PDF)"
LIB_DEPENDS+=	podofo:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/podofo
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-podofo=${LOCALBASE}
--with-podofo-lib=${LOCALBASE}/lib

	SPATIALITE	"Spatialite support"
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--with-spatialite=${LOCALBASE}

I'm working for the other options, but need add some ports (libgdata ;
ogdi ; ESRI GDB Api ; RASDAMAN)

Is it possible to add bindings options directly into graphics/gdal ?

For other bindings :
Maybe add java bindings (for MDB protocol, very useful)

For QGIS port (and maybe other like Grass)
Will need adding py-gdal when python is checked (used by plugins
GdalTools ; fTools ; openlayers ; GoogleLayers ... and many others)

Your works is very helpful thank you !