Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 1998 11:34:49 +1000 (EST)
From:      Jim Mock <jim@phrantic.phear.net>
To:        Michael Dorin <mdorin@my-dejanews.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why don't sendmail.cf antispam rules do anything?

On Sun, 18 Oct 1998, Michael Dorin wrote:

> I have done two things:
> 1) I copies the instructions from sendmail.org to my sendmail.cf file.  I want to stop people from using
> my site to relay spam.  I setup the sendmail.cR file
> with the ip addresses of the sites I do want to continue relaying mail.

What version of sendmail are you using?  If you upgrade to 8.9.1 the
anti-relaying rules are already there by default.  You won't have to
mess with adding them in manually.  Try adding the hostnames of the
machines you want to be able to relay to the sendmail.cR file.  I
never tried it with ip's in it, only hostnames/domains, so I'm not
sure if ip's will work or not.

Jim

|=> Jim Mock [jim@thunder.st0rm.com] [jim@phrantic.phear.net]	<=|
|=> st0rm Internet Services | A franchise of Triax, Inc.	<=|
|=> web: http://www.st0rm.com/ | web: http://www.phear.net/	<=|
|=> Website Design & Hosting | Wagga Wagga, NSW Australia	<=|
|=> FreeBSD: The Power to Serve | http://www.freebsd.org/	<=|