Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:47:15 -0500
From:      "Liquid" <liquid@liquidonline.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   resent - in txt format - using PPP to establish a PPPoE connection - won't renew if connection is dropped

Sorry everyone, forgot to convert to txt before sending this, so I'll
resend

I'm having this huge problem:  I have adsl, and I connect using that
PPPoE garbage.  I also just changed ISP for a less expensive one, and
I'm beginning to realize why its less expensive.  I'm running a machine
with FreeBSD 4.7 stable on it and whenever it gets disconnected (about
twice daily, believe it or not) it can't seem to "realize" that such is
the case and thus never reconnects to get a new IP.  Does anyone have
any idea what I can do to fix this?  Whenever I'm not around, and this
happens, I have to go out of my way to drive to where this box is
located to reboot it.  It's the only way I'm able to force it to
reconnect.

TIA