Date:      Thu, 8 Mar 2007 08:31:23 -0800 (PST)
From:      Drew Jenkins <drewjenkinsjr@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setting Env

----- Original Message ----=0AFrom: Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.e=
du>=0ATo: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org=0ASent: Thursday, March 8, 2007 11:=
09:13 AM=0ASubject: Re: Setting Env=0A=0A> Well, it's going to involve a bi=
t more than that to get an rc script up =0A> and running I'm afraid.. the s=
cript needs a start, stop, status =0A> functions, as well as a few others. =
Some examples are in the /etc/rc.d =0A> and /usr/local/etc/rc.d directories=
, as you've discovered.=0A>=0A> Given your output above, maybe you want to =
add the LD_LIBRARY_PATH lines =0A> to the zopectl file?=0A=0ABrilliant! Why=
 doesn't *that* work?! This is crazy! I even added your little script and, =
after it booted, tried running that directly (after stopping Zope) and it _=
still_ didn't work! That makes no sense to me at all! I put together a litt=
le script, as I stated earlier, that set the env, stopped and started my Zo=
pe instances (calling on zopectl), and *that* worked, so why doesn't this w=
ork?? That whole bin dir in Zope is owned by root, so how is running that s=
cript different than, as root, setting the env? Insane!=0ADrew=0A=0A=0A=0A=
______________________=0ANo need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go =0A=
with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile. Get started.=0Ahttp://mobile.yahoo.com/mail