Date:      Sat, 04 Sep 1999 11:21:33 -0400
From:      Marty C <lalala@globalserve.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   UNIX compatibility

	I downloaded UIM/X for Solaris4.0-GNU (whatever that might be)... bash
says "unable to execute binary".  Is FreeBSD in any way compatible with
Solaris?

	Assuming I was able to get neither the source code nor either a FreeBSD
or Linux binary, which UNIX, if any, is most likely to be compatible
with FreeBSD?

	The program I would like to be able to try is the GUI builder "UIM/X"
by Visual Edge Software (www.visualedge.com) and it is available only as
a binary for Sun OS, AIX, HP-UX and Solaris...

	As always, many thanks to the group if they even so much as think of
helping me, and all the more if they actually do :)

	Ciau from Martin!