Date:      Thu, 09 Sep 1999 15:31:54 -0700
From:      Kyle Mobley <kyle@mobley.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mistake: change in problem

I just sent an email regaurding a Sound Blaster 16 setup problem. In the
email I mentioned that the kernel loads the controller and device just
fine. Well I have to take that back. I just compiled in support for
USB because I just got a new USB keyboard and mouse, which by the way
are working lovely. Anyway now the controller and devie drivers for the
sound card are not picking up the Sound Blaster at all.

here is my dmesg

sb_reset_dsp failed
sb0 not found at 0x220
sb_reset_dsp failed
sbxvi0 not found
sbmidi0 not found at 0x330

It looks as though I don't have defined in the kernel snd0, however
I do:

controller      snd0
device sb0      at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330

Anyway Sorry for the second email but I had to give an update.

Please let me know,

-Kyle