Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 18:09:07 +0300
From:      Roman Kurakin <rik@cronyx.ru>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Bpf interface discussion

Hi

    I found one problem. Current bpf interface allows to work only with
one link layer type
during interface life time, but some network drivers such as SPPP or
NETGRAPH support
many link layer types and link layer type could be changed during
interface life time.

    I suggest to add new function to bpf interface like this:

void bpfsetdlt (struct ifnet *ifp, u_int dlt) {
    struct bpf_if    *bp;
    for (bp = bpf_iflist; bp != NULL; bp = bp->bif_next) {
        if (ifp == bp->bif_ifp)
            break;
    }
    if (!bp)