Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 2001 20:53:23 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        Rob <europax@home.com>
Cc:        Nathan Ahlstrom <nrahlstr@winternet.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NetBSD vs. FreeBSD?

At 11:48 AM -0800 2001/1/7, Rob wrote:

>  Would crash the install kernel- I think they since updated it.  But if
>  it wont work with the latest Macs, I doubt that old ones would be
>  supported.  If they don't physically have the hardware to test and
>  debug, it doesn't get supported.  Just like any *nix.  Rob.

	All you have to do is check <http://www.openbsd.com/powerpc.html>;
to see that they don't support the hardware I have.  Since I'm not
interested in spending all my time as a kernel developer (or whatever
it would take to get OpenBSD working on my machine of choice), this
is not an option for me.

	Thanks anyway!

Brad Knowles, <blk@skynet.be>                || Belgacom Skynet SA/NV
Systems Architect, Mail/News/FTP/Proxy Admin || Rue Colonel Bourg, 124
Phone/Fax: +32-2-706.13.11/12.49             || B-1140 Brussels
http://www.skynet.be                         || Belgium