Date:      Sun, 21 Jun 1998 22:53:46 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG, rhh@ct.picker.com (Randall Hopper), nirva@ishiboo.com, hasty@netcom.com, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X-10 Mouse Remote patch

>Just be careful where you take this one; it's a sliding scale of greys
>from everything standalone (which for the cascaded MouseRemote case
>would reek) through to Streams in user-space.

Actually, one of the models I am contemplating is user Space Streams 8)

Again, as Michael has stated these types of architectures are an overkill
for the case of the moused daemon however it can pave the way for
what I hope exciting new daemon type services.

This is a short code snippet from JACE's BufferStreamTest.java and with
JACE's ASX we can exploit very easily prioritized messages.

// Spawn off a new thread.

public class BufferStreamTest
{
  public static void main (String args[])
  {
    // Control hierachically-related active objects
    Stream stream = new Stream ();
    Module pm = new Module ("Consumer", new Consumer (), null, null);
    Module cm = new Module ("Producer", new Producer (), null, null);

    // Create Producer and Consumer Modules and push them onto the
    // STREAM.  All processing is performed in the STREAM.

    if (stream.push (pm) == -1)
      {
	ACE.ERROR ("push");
	return;