Date:      Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:56:44 +0100
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        BSD baby <bsd@hitmedia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I patch my change into a source file in ports?

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 09:17:00PM -0800, BSD baby wrote:
> I made a change to this file:
> /usr/ports/sysutils/cdrtools/work/cdrtools-1.11/cdda2wav/cdda2wav.c
> and I want my change to the source file to "stick" when building the port.
>=20
> Seems if I do a "make clean install" it kills my change to the source fil=
e.
>=20
> Do I need to add my diff change to a patch file somehow?
>=20
> Any tutorial on how to do this?

1. Do a make extract in the port directory.
2. cd /usr/ports/sysutils/cdrtools/work/cdrtools-1.11/cdda2wav
2. cp -p cdda2wav.c cdda2wav.c.orig
3. Apply your changes
4. cd /usr/ports/sysutils/cdrtools/work/cdrtools-1.11
5. diff -urN cdda2wav/cdda2wav.c.orig cdda2wav/cdda2wav.c > /usr/ports/sysu=
tils/cdrtools/files/patch-cdda2wav:cdda2wav.c

Now your patch will be in the ports tree and be applied when making the
port. I recommend keeping a copy around somewhere else though because cvsup
might delete it if you told it to delete files not in the master ports tree.

HTH,

--Stijn

--=20
The right half of the brain controls the left half of the body.  This means
that only left handed people are in their right mind.

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi

--Qxx1br4bt0+wmkIi--