Date:      28 Oct 2002 16:09:29 +0100
From:      Marc Recht <marc@geht.de>
To:        patrick@137.org
Cc:        Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.ORG>, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: you need to install a new kernel before an installworld.

--=-hw5Y0AIP43ewOwQiiLmy

> Nearly all GNOME applications crash with an "Abort trap" error, and the=20
> only way I can log out is to restart the X server.  Nautilus is=20
> particularly evil because it can get into a situation where it crashes,=20
> restarts itself, and crashes again--repeating the process indefinitely.
I'm running GNOME 2 with kernel and userland of today without any
problems. The only problem I have since the KSE MIII merge that I can't
build librep. It "stalls" while compiling it's lisp files. (It hangs in
mi_switch()..)
Even GNOME 1.4 apps like Evolution are working.

>  > With no more info, I'd prolly
> > advise you to update everything to the latest, and if problems persist,
> > rebuild your GNOME stuff, and if problems persist, throw exception...
> I may do so if backing off freetype2 doesn't fix things.
IMHO you should run a full portupgrade..

--=20
"Premature optimization is the root of all evil." -- Donald E. Knuth

--=-hw5Y0AIP43ewOwQiiLmy

--=-hw5Y0AIP43ewOwQiiLmy--