Date:      Thu, 17 Sep 2015 10:21:56 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   time to extend the mbuf

Hi,

I think it's time to extend the mbuf pkthdr a little.

I need a couple of fields for ipv6 header parsing w/ RSS and netisr;
hps/mellanox want to use fields for opaque socket / session ids for
rate limiting; I'm sure chelsio and such would love to be able to
stamp buffers with an opaque id for RX zero-copy offload, etc.

So, who's up for it? I'd like to get it extended and in -HEAD sooner
rather than later so we can stop squabbling over unused bits and
mis-understood fields in the mbuf.

Thanks!

-adrian