Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:57:54 +1030
From:      "Lei Chen" <leadamc1@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   motd not compiled properly or ?

Hi there,

I have compiled myself a RELENG_7  stable version of 7 branch.

I did a fresh install on 7.1_prerelease, and cvsup -g -L 2
stable-xxx-cvsup-file
make buildworld, everything goes as it should.

reboot, mergemaster command shows on file "motd"
--7.1_PRERELEASE
++7??:??:??
rest of motd is the same

now, based on the above showed result, I pressed "d" to keep original
version, because I don't want to have a system message shows 7:??:??:??

Now my question is, how do I just compile the "motd" in source tree, and
reinstall just that? Maybe recompile it may make it shows proper version
string.
Or if there's a method beside make buildworld again, it takes ages on my
laptop.

--
--    l_. (l-l3n