Date:      22 Jan 2003 11:45:34 -0800
From:      swear@attbi.com (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org, mwm@mired.org, trhodes@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/35951; disklabel(8) patch; PLEASE REVIEW

I've made a 1300-line patch for disklabel(8) which I'm sure I will
need some more work, especially if someone(s) will be kind enough as to
review it and provide comments.

You can find the thing with
http://home.attbi.com/~swear/freebsd/disklabel.8.diff
http://home.attbi.com/~swear/freebsd/disklabel.8.mdoc
http://home.attbi.com/~swear/freebsd/disklabel.8.html

After it gets reviewed/changed, I'd like to make a couple moves:

    -- The "Examples" section up to between "Description" and
    "Files" (instead of between "Saved File Format" and "See Also").
    (That doesn't give my preferred order, but this seems better, while
    generally following tradition.)
    -- "Initializing/Formatting..." subsection to "NOTES" section
    because it doesn't belong with the command descriptions as now.
     -- "Enabling and disabling ..." section to above the "Writing a
    disk label" section. (Gotta enable before writing.)

I based many changes on testing and code review.  I know it could say
more about some things, but I've added about all I care to.

If this ever gets closed, docs/35948 can be closed too.